Ah, Poop. Lovely.  

Posted by Tami in

[EDIT:  Oh, praise sweet Jesus-- a second plumbing company came out today and they were able to break through the blockage, enough to temporarily solve the problem.  We are home!  We get to stay home, and it's sounding like even when they do fix the line we'll only be without water for maybe half a day that has been scheduled ahead of time so we can work around it.  AKA No going to a hotel!  Yay!  The biggest inconvenience will be having the driveway dug up for a week... I can handle that!  I mean, I could handle being in an itty bitty hotel room for a week but this is much better :)  So that's happy news!  Jesus is good to us, so praise Him that we are home... a clean, poop free except under the ground seeping through cracked sewer lines home ;)  So now you know!]


So this weekend I spent all of Saturday literally puking my guts out.  Dry heaving until capillaries around my eyes burst.  'Twas lovely.  This after a super intensely spiritual and emotional day with my husband on Friday.  Sunday was wonderful, as we were able to go on an all-expenses-paid date to see He's Just Not That Into You and then we had dinner at PF Chang's (great gluten free menu!).   It was all-expenses-paid because our landlords were having an open house, as they are moving to a condo in downtown Seattle and are trying to sell their house, in which we rent the MIL suite downstairs (selling shouldn't affect us, as keeping the terms of our lease through it's end in July will be part of the terms of sale, FYI).  Then, onto Monday (today)-- there were problems with the sewer Sat/Sun, so someone came out this morning.

Here's the deal... it's not just simply blocked.  They believe a huge tree out front has roots that are crushing the sewer line that leads to the street, so they will almost certainly have to dig up the entire driveway and replace the entire line.  This is estimated to take at least 5 days, so we are in a hotel for probably the entire week.  My husband is massively behind on his on-line coursework (he's getting a second Bachelor's, this time in IT) so he'll pretty much need to Bogart the laptop here at the hotel the entire time.  My point is that I likely won't be blogging much at all, but at least now you know why!

So, to tide yourself over until I can return, enjoy this GRAND pictures of my awesome morning:

http://tinyurl.com/be73ls  

It's a Facebook photo album, so when you get there just click on the first pic and it will take you through a slideshow, each pic with it's own description.  Enjoy ;) 

This entry was posted on Monday at Monday, February 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 battle cries

Tami, I am sorry you guys are having the sewage issue! That cannot be fun at all. I hope that the problems are resolved quickly. Love you!!

February 9, 2009 at 10:06 PM

ugh! poop is the worst! thanks for visiting our blog, and hey, did you get my message on The City half a lifetime ago about getting together? hit me up sometime!

February 10, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Post a Comment