And I Have Learned...  

Posted by Tami

... That Even Landlocked Lovers Yearn For The Sea Like Navy Men

[Brothers On A Hotel Bed, Death Cab For Cutie]

I am not really able to focus well enough to write a real blog post.  My drugs seem to help make me loopy but not really take away my pain.  I'm pretty sure I said this, but 2/3 of my lower gumline are just a big stitch fest.  Does that even make sense?  Meh.

I made really stupid food choices yesterday- I ate 2 Twinkies and a few bites of Ho Ho's and a large McD's fry and two double cheeseburgers, plus my Thanksgiving meal fare.  I was legitimately crazy hungry- I haven't eaten much besides pudding since Sunday night, save for yesterday.  But those were just stupid things to eat, and I feel sick today as a result.  My stomach isn't used to food like that and it's reminding me that we stay away from gross processed foods for a reason.  Ick.  I will seriously never make food choices when I am in pain, on heavy duty meds, and crazy hungry again.

In other news, I saved birthday money and purchased this late last night.  My current cam is an Olympus and I really love it.  But it's almost 6 years old, and 3.1 megapixels just aren't enough anymore!  Plus, it doesn't have image stabilization and it doesn't like to open up well anymore (it has a slide deal to open it up and activate the lens) and the battery only stays charged for like 10 minutes.  I can't get close up to things, which would be really helpful for my pictures of foode creations.  So, time for a new and better camera it is :)  I really want this , but Jas and I have agreed that is something we'll hold off on until we have children.

I'm sure there's more to say but I honestly feel really pukey so I'm gonna rest now.  I hope you all had a really wonderful Thanksgiving and if you are not an American then I hope you simply had a fantastic Thursday :)  As for all of you Black Friday nutsos, I hope you take a nap :)  I was going to buy my camera today at Costco but then I realized that it was only $10 more on Amazon and I needed to buy a big memory card anyway.  The card was $22, so I would have spent more to get free shipping and it all worked out rather well for me.  Happy day :)

I'ma go rest now.  Jason is going to buy Wall-E for me today, and we'll snuggle and watch it tonight.  I really look forward to that.  I know I will love that movie and will watch it again and again, and it barely costs more to buy it than to rent it.  Which reminds me- Blockbuster is going to get rid of all of it's brick-and-mortar stores and focus on its online rentals.  Crazy, right?  I'm a Netflix girl myself, but we're on the cheapest plan (2 a month, 1 at a time) and I'm not really sure what I'm talking about anymore so I'm just gonna hush up and end now.

Hasta, kids.

This entry was posted on Friday at Friday, November 28, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 battle cries

We just watched Wall-E on video (after seeing it in the theater) and I looooved it. I will watch it over and over again and love it every time. Good choice. :)

November 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Post a Comment