Posted by Tami in ,

I will write for about 30 seconds because the pain of sitting up is too intense for much more.


I am on bedrest, have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow, and spent 6 hours of my life in the ER last night.  Not fun.  But I miss you guys and want to let you know that I am still alive, just unable to update much.

In the  mean time, you can go read this:


I'll try to do a weigh-in next week.  I did weigh myself yesterday and it was 343 but I don't have the energy- or pain tolerance- to do the updating and math and such.  Being stuck in bed all day is worrisome- I hope I don't gain weight for next week.  I suppose we shall see.

Until then, feel free to send your love my way and I do appreciate your prayers, particularly since I don't get sick leave and not working for a week is going to wreak havoc on our budget.  Praise God that He is in control and not us, otherwise we'd be a mess.

Love ya-

T

PS- I'm on prescribed heavy doses of Vicodin, so if I say weird things I am sorry.  I feel aware of my surroundings but at the same time it's all fairly surreal.  Normally I won't even take ibuprofen unless the pain is so bad I feel nauseated, so this whole heavy duty painkiller thing is rather weird for me.

And the pain is getting horrible, so I am going to leave now.  Back to my horizontal position on the couch I shall go.

This entry was posted on Thursday at Thursday, June 05, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 battle cries

Tami, girl, you are one of my absolute bravest friends. Thank you for your honesty and example - I promise I'll keep praying for your healing, body and soul . . .

June 5, 2008 at 9:13 PM

how have you done, eating/calorie wise? clearly, there was no working out but I always try to use injury or illness as an excuse to eat too much. that's one of those "life skills" i need to learn if I'm ever going to keep weight off consistently.

June 8, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Well, if I'm cooking, she can only be eating so well. ;)

In all honesty though, she's been doing quite well on the eating front, but with more than week and who knows how many more days of no mobility, this is a bit of a setback on the weight loss front. I'm really praying we can get her healed ASAP and then get her on a sustainable workout routine that isn't going to stress her body.

June 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Post a Comment