#81 - Roman Cavalry Choirs Are Singing  

Posted by Tami in ,

[Viva la Vida, Coldplay]


I seriously LOVE this song.  The solo(?) with the violins at 2:47 or so into the song takes my breath away every time.  Love it.

So... we're Seattleites, officially.  'Tis wonderful.  The hubby is off to pick up a couple of small-ish Ikea dressers (oh, the joys of Craigslist) because our big one is literally 1/2 an inch too big to fit in the closet, but it's an important 1/2 of an inch.  Such is life.  The good news is that we're netting a sweet profit (someone already bought our dresser, within about an hour of posting it... again, love Craigslist) from the transaction and the smaller dressers will work just fine so it's all good.

I must say- I LOVE our new apartment.  It's a wee bit smaller than would make it perfect, but then again our last apartment was way too big so it's kind of nice to have to downsize a little.  having so much stuff is just ridiculous.

In other news, my back hurts.  A stinkin' lot.  And I promise I've done minimal work... enough to get Jason harping on me to stop, but I think it's just angry at me for not being in my own bed last night (we slept in the guest room of the wonderful couple upstairs that we're renting from).  As such, I'll try to wrap up (plus I need to finish putting le DVD's away).  

The final thing I will write is GOOD NEWS!  I weighed myself a minute ago, and in clothes and mid-afternoon (usually first thing in the morning is lightest) it said 344.4!  It was 350 last week!  So I'll try to do a real weigh-in tomorrow morning.  I honestly haven't had much of an appetite but the last couple of days had some fast food (Qdoba and Arby's) thrown in the mix, which is out of the norm but we had no food left to eat since it was all packed up, and so this was a pleasant surprise!  I hope hope hope that tomorrow's weigh-in is back down close to 340.

Oh!  And we found a sweet little grill from Home Depot that we purchased so now we can grill!  Our old apartment was on the ground floor and I just didn't trust people not to steal a grill, but now we're in a bit safer place and can keep it out of sight from thieving kinds.  One of the best ever (read: tasty, quick, and easy) meals is to marinate a meat (chicken, beef, pork, whatever) overnight, and then toss it on the grill with some zucchini cut down the middle.  Boil a little water for cous cous and voila! Delicioso!  Plus, Jason can do it until I get my wellness back.  

Ok, friends, I should get back onto my comfy couch so my back will stop screaming, but first- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to my rock stars Brittney and Molly who sent me awesome care packages (I'm a third of the way through Prince, Britt!  Jas is in awe of my reading prowess!).  I am so well loved and it's a true blessing.  You ladies, in a word, rock.

Hasta ;)

This entry was posted on Wednesday at Wednesday, June 18, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 battle cries

Yay! Congrats on moving into your new place!!

June 18, 2008 at 5:39 PM

hey sweetie! Sorry I have been MIA. We got to Madrid on Wednesday and have been settling in. I wanted to call you Monday but we way busier than we expected to be, getting ready to leave Iowa FOREVER!! I really like Spain, though it's only been 2 days, and I'm afraid we might like it so much that we'll be here forever. We'll see.

I want to hear more about your back! Daryn, of course, wants to know if you are seeing a chiro.

Wish I was in the states to send you a care package. I will try to get something together here in the next week or two.

Send pics of the new place when you get it together and I will do the same.

Un Besito,

Darla

June 20, 2008 at 4:23 PM

not that i'm trying to be picky, but knowing your love for detail, aren't the lyrics to the songs "roman cavalry choirs"?

June 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Post a Comment