#80 - Tell Me How'm I S'posed to Breathe With No Air?  

Posted by Tami in

[No Air, Jordin Sparks feat. Chris Brown... I know, I know, but it's the song stuck in my head]

Well, hello.

It's been awhile.  Well, ok, I posted on Wednesday but I haven't felt like the real me in awhile.  I'm not back to the healed me, but I figure this is me, regardless of levels of pain and how messed up my life has become.  My life doesn't feel normal compared to what was normal 3 weeks ago, but who am I to determine that the status quo for my life was determined by my life up to that point?  Maybe this injury will be life-changing but it will never define me and no matter how tough this gets I have to continue to fight for my health.  Maybe in 6 days or 6 weeks or 6 years or 6 decades I'll be back to "normal", or maybe I never will.  But I can't just decide my life is on hold because I have a hell of a lot of living left to do and I'm going to get on with it.

Our scale is packed up and I doubt I'll be able to get a weigh-in by next Wednesday, but save for horrible circumstances I'll do one the Wednesday after that (around the first of July? I haven't seen a calendar in weeks).  The pain is mounting which means the percocet is wearing off so I need to cut this short but just know that I'm going to do my best to, while looking out for my health first and foremost, begin posting consistently again.

You all have been awesome and so supportive, so thank you.  Oh, and I have literally nothing to do but be in my bed listening to either my radio or iPod, either reading or doing crosswords or sudoku (but I can't be in a position to hold a book for those things for very long because I get sore and uncomfortable) through at least Tuesday (we move in Wednesday to our new place, but who knows how long that will take to have internet and TV and stuff back) so, basically, please leave comments.  I can use the engaging materials :)

Love ya, locos!

This entry was posted on Saturday at Saturday, June 14, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 battle cries

You know I'm really praying hard for you and J. I can't offer much more than that, but we both know that's who can best help anyway.

Take care!!!

June 15, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Way to be, Tami! I love your determined good attitude... it's the quality about you that always stands out most to me when I think of you. This has got to be such a hard time for you guys, but I am proud of you for deciding not to let it define you or weigh down your spirit!

June 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Post a Comment