#78 - What If You're Making Me All That I Was Meant To Be?  

Posted by Tami in , , ,

[What About Now?, Daughtry]


Not a lot to say here, but I wanted to check in before the weekend.  Might I add here- what a busy weekend it shall be.  Tomorrow I am doing my first "shadow" at a wedding because I am joining the wedding coordinating ministry para mi mucho beloved(o) iglesia, Mars Hill.  Then it's date night, and somehow I have convinced le husbande to go see the Sex and the City movie with me.  I honestly don't know how I accomplished such a grand feat, but I did.  Then we have church Sunday morning and a meeting for those entering the path of leadership a few hours later so we'll do lunch and kill time in Seattle.  We'll likely get home in time to cook and eat a slightly late dinner, do laundry, and crawl into bed to prepare for another week.  It's not glamorous, but it's life, and it's good.

Regarding weight loss and such, things are still even keen.  I haven't been sinfully overeating, but at the same time some of the oohs and ahhs of the epiphany moments have waned and things aren't as shiny and exciting.  Just day in, day out.  Exercise is still my weakest link, but I've been ok.  Not great, but ok.  Not bad, by any means.  Hopefully I just keep weighing a little less every week.  Slow and steady wins the race, no?

In other news, I am rediscovering my love of Switchfoot.  No song in this world- not even by my little darling David Cook- will ever have legs to stand on next to Only Hope (not the vomit-inducing Mandy Moore version; I will never stop being offended at the decision to trade outthe heart-wrenching lyric "apathy" for the empty and meaningless lyric of "destiny"... my jaw clenches at the mere thought...), On Fire, Twenty-Four, Learning to Breathe, Dare You to Move, even The Blues.  Hmmm... Jon Foreman gets me on a level few close friends even do, methinks.  Of course my post title is from a Daughtry song, but that's what was in my head when I started the post!

So... off to the weekend I go.  Merrily, might I add.

This entry was posted on Friday at Friday, May 30, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 battle cries

So, be honest friend - does this week deserve a little Tami-reward?

May 31, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Post a Comment