Oh, It Could Be So Nice, Growing Old With You  

Posted by Tami in , , , ,

[Grow Old With You, Adam Sandler]

The sexy husband and I are watching The Wedding Singer.  I love this movie :)  Adam Sandler is one of my favorite actors, along with Will Smith and Mark Wahlberg.  Now you know.

Here is how hot and sexy my man is; this was him working really hard last night:


Too funny :)

So tonight's dinner was nearly a major disaster; I tried to get creative with the rice and ended up with some almost form of risotto that looked and pretty much tasted like vomit.  See for yourself.


Gross, right?  I gave up on the rice and started over.  You'll see much better results in a moment, I promise.

Another problem was that the fresh, organic dill I purchased only two days ago looked like this when I went to chop it up for our salmon:


I couldn't choose between the two pics so here is another view:


However, despite the rotten nastiness- believe me that I know how to buy fresh food and it looked much better when I made the purchase- dinner turned out really well.

Indeed, I was able to save the day- I picked out a few not-rotten parts, chopped 'er up, and then put it with a wee bit o' lemon juice on some frozen salmon in a zip and steam bag (or whatever they are called).  For the rice I toasted some pine nuts, added pesto (I know, kind of redundant), a splish (less than a splash) of lemon juice, and goat cheese to the pan and stirred until the goat cheese melted.  After the sauce was done I stacked the salmon on some rice and pesto sauce, sprinkled on a little grated parm (parmesan reggiano) cheese and a wee bit more freshly chopped dill.  Here are two views of the final (gluten free!) result:


Have I mentioned how much I love our new camera?  Because I LOVE our new camera!

It was so delicious, totally gluten free, and pretty stinking healthy.  Yum-ay.

So I was sorting through a few pictures and came across the following pics that make me miss my long hair :(

This picture makes me believe that, under all of that fat, I might actually be pretty!

Same with this one- I think I might maybe may have decent facial structure... there's always hope.

My eyes are buggin' out, but my cheeks are so cute and pink and I so just love my hair.  I miss that hair.

Same here- cheesy smile, but I miss my long hair!

This one's after I cut my hair early this summer, and it's cute, but it's even shorter now-- this is what it looked like when I first had it cut in... October?  I can't remember now.

My face looks fat, washed out, and totally red and splotchy.  Such is life.  Just focus on the hair :)

Here's what it looks like now- I will be honest and admit that I didn't shower today, and my hair has been pulled back in a pony (as much of a pony as hair this short can go) for the entirety of the day.  It looks kind of lame.  But you can see the length, and since that's all that really matters, here ya go:

Please ignore my snaggleteeth creeping through my lips.  I really, really look forward to getting those fixed.  But my hair is so short!  I miss my long locks!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the photo journey.  It was kind of spur of the moment, but don't you agree?  My hair was so gorgeous when it was long!  Shucks.

This entry was posted on Saturday at Saturday, December 06, 2008 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 battle cries

a) please come cook in my kitchen
b) hair grows. get over it.

December 7, 2008 at 1:57 AM

The long hair is beautiful, but i think the short hair is a more trendy/cute look.

December 7, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Might be pretty? You ARE pretty right now and you should embrace that. Totally beautiful.

You pull off long and short hair so well.

December 8, 2008 at 1:13 AM

You need to stop it with the negative comments about yourself, ok?

December 14, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Post a Comment