You Never Left Me No Messages  

Posted by Tami in

[You Found Me, The Fray]

Lovely.  Just lovely.  Only... not really.

I'm honestly not upset about this- I actually prayed for the person, legitimately prayed for them- but someone wrote a rude comment on one of my YouTube vlogs:

r u speaking english fat lady?

The most delicious part is that this comment was for my vlog "Mean People Suck? ", referring to this incident  when someone mocked me at the local market, because I had the nerve to be [super morbidly] obese while shopping in a health foods store.  So... yeah, sad that the video is about me being hurt by someone's rude comments and then someone says that.

I am reminded, again, that my identity is in who Jesus Christ says I am, not in what someone has to say about me because of my weight.  Who I am is not defined by my obesity.  And when- when- I lose weight and better fit the worldly standard of beauty my identity won't be in my low(er)-BMI and size (drastically less than 28/30) jeans.

So it's all good in the hood.  Just sad, that this person is clearly so hurt, and steeped in sin, that they have to hurt others to feel better.

This was actually the one video thus far that I forgot to mark "allow comments with approval only" so that's fixed.

Anyway, me so sleepy and need to watch The Biggest Loser before bed.

Hasta, kids!

This entry was posted on Tuesday at Tuesday, December 09, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 battle cries

Don't let them steal any of your energy.

They're not worthy.

Sending big hugs all the way from Australia. Can you feel it? xx

December 9, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Tami they are just sad people. I agree with Chantelle don't waste your energy on people that have nothing better to do than hurt others and people that do that are only trying to hurt others as their life is tragic. Hugs.

December 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM

Post a Comment