Where's Tami Now?  

Posted by Tami

I realized that a decent number of people still stumble across this blog; I stopped writing here because I realized that I had reduced my identity to simply being the fat girl trying to become not-fat.

The last post points you to another defunct blog- in that one, I went the other extreme direction of trying to make everything super spiritual.  My husband patiently listened to me talk for weeks about my "Jesus blog" and then how I'd create a "food and recipes and health blog" and an "our life and family blog" and finally just asked me why I didn't have one blog that encompassed everything.

He's a smart one; that's part of why I married him!  I now have this blog:

http://www.tamihagglund.com

It's my name, so I don't think I'll be changing it.  I may be convicted about content, but I think tamihagglund.com is here to stay.  I post about recipes, weight issues (I had gastric bypass and have become quite the fitness nut, and have lost 112 pounds, for those who don't know!), health in general, Jesus, life, everything.

I like the success I found with this blog, having lots of readers, but I can honestly say that TamiHagglund.com is my favorite blog, because it's the most honest.  It's just me.  I'm not trying to shock with how disgusting I am / used to be, I'm not trying to impress with big numbers from the scale, I'm not forcing a faux spirituality that is dishonest about where I really am.  It's my favorite blog because it's my life put into writing.  The pressures I put on myself here to become a famous weight-loss blogger didn't carry over into TH.com, nor did the pressures I put on myself to become a women's spiritual guru on the Tumblr blog.  I'm finding that I'm most comfortable just being me. Shocker, right?

Feel free to come join me :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday at Tuesday, April 27, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 battle cries

Post a Comment